Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Loi Krathong

I went to my first buddhist festival on Sunday night, Loi Krathong. The festival was for the sending away of their sins, the float flower arangments down the river and put lanturns into the sky. Fireworks has been going off all weekend because if it aswell, keeping me up late when all i want to do is sleep. Watch all the colourful floats go down the river with their little lite candles and all the huge lanturns float into the sky is an amazing thing, even if your not 100% sure what they are for. I pent my first evening in the markets aswell, but ofcourse with, what the vlunteers have named, the Chiang Mai welcome bug i didnt really feel like shopping. But i must tell you about the Tuktuk we caught home, with its surround sound and bass pumping, dance music making me deaf, it deffinantly was an experiance. Well, till next time

1 Comments:

At 11:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Julie, It sounds amazing. i hope your energy is holding up. Its great hearing about it.

Just remember to pinch yourself from time to time to realise how brave your being and how amazing the experience is. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home