Wednesday, December 06, 2006

unconditional love

After almost two weeks of laying around the house, I finally saw the kids again. I went to agape with Sheree and Yevonne (two volunteers who are leaving soon) and their parents, who are in town for a few weeks. Its was great, when i walked in the door, May, a gorgeous girl with a tracheotomy, came running up to me with her hands in the air. After i had picked her up and put her down again to climb over the gate she noticed my bandage and wouldnt let me pick her up again for fear of hurting me. I sat down and 4 or 5 crouded around me pointing at my bandage, asking "jeb mai" with is "pain?". I was amazed that none of them touched it or scambled onto that leg with is normally what they do as soon as you sit down. It was great to sit in the shade and watch them play, with them occasionally coming up to me pointing and saying "jeb mai".
I loved these kids before i left Australia, and now, knowing them and begining to learn each individual and their personalities, I love them more each day. Even their stobburnness and their tantrums, whatever they can throw at me.

1 Comments:

At 7:55 pm, Blogger Leonie said...

Hi Jules,
I'm glad you are much better now. Your mum has been keeping me up to date with all your news but I haven't been game to use this comment section until now! I'll talk to you soon,
Leonie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home